Cheater Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Had a bad craving for chili, so I stopped by the Commissary and got some stuff on the way home.

I call it Cheater Chili because it is quick, uses readily available ingredients, tastes great, and is quick and easy....

I don't want to post the recipe, because I don't want to be banned, and I add chili beans...

Attachments

• 20221107_180312.jpg
    20221107_180312.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 18
Still looks great for a quick meal!

and I add chili beans...
Ah, the great war between beans or no beans in chili. I knew a Texan (dead and gone now) who always referred to chili with beans as "Mexican succotash". I'm fine with chili with beans, or not. The one thing I do with chili, beans or nor, is to use stew meat instead of ground.

Still looks great for a quick meal!

Ah, the great war between beans or no beans in chili. I knew a Texan (dead and gone now) who always referred to chili with beans as "Mexican succotash". I'm fine with chili with beans, or not. The one thing I do with chili, beans or nor, is to use stew meat instead of ground.
I lived in Central and West Texas for 13 years. I had Chili with and without beans.....

No bloodshed either way!

Looks good from here, I use Chili magic and add red peppers and onions, it's always good, never too hot or blah , really good for cheating lol

Looks and sounds delicious! I've had chili a couple times this year but think that first batch always tastes the best. Chili at our house always has beans as well...no beans then it's just some type of soup. Made some chuck Chili last year, that was really good as well.

Ryan

Bill , that looks great . I make it all different ways. It's chili everytime no matter what anyone else says . Nice work bud.

Reactions: bill ace 350
Chunks of meat rather than ground is how we all like it. We will eat it both ways. Orders from the wife say that chili should always be made with stew meat, rather than ground, and that works for me!
Oh, and she likes beans, so it's chili with stew meat and beans.

Reactions: bill ace 350
Looks good Bill, and it semi-home made. I've been known to crack open a can of chili when the craving hits, and I don't feel like whipping up a batch.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks good Bill, and it semi-home made. I've been known to crack open a can of chili when the craving hits, and I don't feel like whipping up a batch.

Point for sure
Chris
Wolf brand is the best canned stuff I've found. Nothing like what I make, but it is good in a pinch.

How's the old saying go...beans beans, the more you eat the more you toot, it's a wonderful fruit! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Looks awesome! Our house is definitely equal opportunity when it comes to Chili, beans, no beans, stew meat, brisket, ground beef…..it all depends on how we are feeling, time, mood, or what’s in the pantry already!

Reactions: DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky