Chargriller exhaust Stack - Moving

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

geek with fire

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 5, 2007
Rural out-skirts of Sedalia, MO
So I have the dryer vent mod on my Chargriller, but I constantly fight with the loss of grill grate space in that area. What I'm wondering is, what would happen if I cut a hole in the side of the lower half of the smoke chamber, lefthand side, just below the grill grates. Then plumb a new stack out and up. Cap off the existing exhaust, and call it a day.

Would that make it too low? Since the dryer vent is already grate level, and I can't imagine another couple of inches making that much of a difference.

Did you use flexible dryer tube and run it to the front corner of the grill? You should only lose a couple of inches that way. I have seen some mods where they use a non-flexible tube and run it straight down which ends up right in the middle of the grate. I can see that creating problems.
Personally I would not run the exhaust tube too low because you will run the risk of losing the flow of air to keep the fire hot and possibly allow the formation of cresote in the chamber.
Just an opinion though!

I've got a Silver Smoker and did what you want to do.
A 4" diameter pipe x 36" long welded to the chamber at the end and down low. Great draw, looks good and no issues with creosote.

Here is a close-up

and a whole body shot

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky