Cast iron cabinet build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lvrgsp

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Looking at making this thang into a smoker to start off a fire box in the very bottom with a plate heat diffuser and water pan and smoker racks. The dimensions on this are 4ft tall x 3 ft wide x 2ft deep....
temp_zpsngi568t1.jpg~320x480

This beast is solid cast iron inside and out is pretty heavy, I'd say close to 500 pounds. Any suggestions on this as I move forward?
Thanks all

Being cast iron, I would think it would take a lot to get it to temp but would hold temps great.

Yea im thinking the same thing.
I had another idea to build an insert of sorts and use the original box as insulation. I think overall it would add to the weight and I'm not sure worth the extra time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky