caseless vs cased snack sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Caseless snack sticks vs casing snack sticks??

• Caseless snack sticks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • snack sticks w/ casing

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinq13

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 21, 2017
south central Pennsylvania
So last Tuesday, I got a doe with my bow( first archery deer I have harvested!), and I'm going to be making some snack sticks with the venison. I've made some snack sticks with casings but never without, does it really affect the end results(other than looks)? I don't have a stuffer(anymore..) so the only thing I have to work with is a jerky gun and its a lot of work trying to make snack sticks with casings with only a jerky shooter. what do you guys prefer, caseless or casing?

any great snack stick recipes too? please share!

I made a lot of caseless snack stick with my jerky cannon. They turned out great. I just did my first batch of stuffed snack sticks a few weeks ago even though I have a stuffer I was afraid to try the stuffing aspect. I like them both ways. But from now will probably do stuffed casing snack sticks since I got over my blowout phobia.

Do you add fat with your meat when doing caseless sticks? I usually do 60/40 goose to pork. My concern would be the fat would just melt out of them even if I keep the smoker below 170.

Would it be better to use the dehydrator?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky