Can't find a decent fire pan.....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

blackout

Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
Tennessee
My wife just bought me a cheap little Char-Broil vertical smoker. I know it needs a few mods to work effectively....I am having the hardest time finding a mod for the fire pan....PLEASE HELP.....ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Also, How can I prevent the ashes from flowing up to the meat?????

what about when I'm adding more wood and/or charcoal? B/c the fire pan is really a bowl without holes for the ash to fall out I'm trying a simple aluminum pan that I've put holes in. 

My electric drill isn't working as well as I thought it would to drill holes in the original fire pan....idk what to do.....

#Newbie

Curtis, morning and welcome to the forum....   Some folks use a charcoal basket and the minion method to burn it....  Seems to works well....   It needs to be raised up off the floor of the smoker several inches so there's room for ash to fall and still allow for good airflow....    About the ash on the food....  Keep the door closed so there are no gusts of wind to disturb the ash...  seal the door with some high temp strip or high temp silicone.....   air leaks are a problem when trying to maintain an even temp......

Dave

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/newsearch?search=charcoal+basket

what about when I'm adding more wood and/or charcoal? B/c the fire pan is really a bowl without holes for the ash to fall out I'm trying a simple aluminum pan that I've put holes in. 

My electric drill isn't working as well as I thought it would to drill holes in the original fire pan....idk what to do.....

#Newbie
shoot a few holes with a 22
781.gif

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky