Candied Peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I found this sugar free recipe will have to try it. Never heard of candied peppers before.

I'd be curious to see that. There's a crap load of sugar in these.

Looking good. How long can these stay in the jar safely?
Honestly from a "food safety" perspective I don't know. It's straight vinegar and a ton of sugar, so I'll guess a long time as long as they're refrigerated. I've never water bathed them like I do my pickled peppers. I normally make two jars at once and let them sit for at least 2 weeks, and then it takes me about a month and a half or so to eat thru the first jar, so I don't even get to the second jar for a few months minimum. That said I guess the longest I've ever kept them in the fridge for would be 3-4 months and I'm not dead yet.

Reactions: nicefly
Looking good. How long can these stay in the jar safely?
Dirty Steve Dirty Steve My apologies for not seeing this. I don't water bath the candied peppers, and I'll make no claim to food safety rules and regulations but I make quart jars and eat on them for a month or two kept in the fridge. I'll have to find the post I made not long ago about this very topic

Wow I am glad this thread got a bump. I have never heard of these.

I am sure I am going to make some and I am sure I will regret that decision.

Wow I am glad this thread got a bump. I have never heard of these.

I am sure I am going to make some and I am sure I will regret that decision.
The only regret you'll have is the that you've been missing them all your life! :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: nicefly
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky