Canadian Turkey Bacon (Qview)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So, I was curing 2 turkey breasts to do this and wouND up curing then for almost 3 weeks (circumstances). Will they be ok if I soak them long enough? I he done it with pork belly and loin and never had a problem, just wasn't sure due to it being poultry. Thanks KS in advance!
21 Days is a long time for Dry Curing , but soaking long enough should take care of it.

Just keep Fry-Testing small pieces, and changing the water until you're happy with the Salt Flavor.

Bear

21 Days is a long time for Dry Curing , but soaking long enough should take care of it.

Just keep Fry-Testing small pieces, and changing the water until you're happy with the Salt Flavor.

Bear
I know its a long time, it wasnt intentional. As long as salt is my only issue, I will be fine.....soak soak and more soak. I just didn't want the tueky to go bad......I guess I have more fear of poultry. 

Thanks Bear!

Dave

I know its a long time, it wasnt intentional. As long as salt is my only issue, I will be fine.....soak soak and more soak. I just didn't want the tueky to go bad......I guess I have more fear of poultry. 

Thanks Bear!

Dave
Like I said, you should be good to go with some soaking.

Some say you can add a few cut up potatoes to the water to absorb some salt, but I think if I ever had to soak that long, I would just change the water a few times.

Bear

Another 10 year old Thread I had to fix the picture in.
Should be good to go now, other than the Smoking process being the "Old Way" Before AMNPS.

Bear

That's a great way to do chicken or Turkey breast . Great color on those .

That's a great way to do chicken or Turkey breast . Great color on those .

Thank You Rich!!
This was a long time ago that I did these, but I can still remember how good those snacking strips ended up.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky