Can I make my already cooked brisket more tender in crock pot?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dalba

Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
I smoked a brisket for the first time yesterday. The flavor was great but it wasnt as tender as I would like. I cooked it at 230 degrees until internal temp was 190. It only took 6 hours for a 7lb brisket though. I wrapped it in foil for last couple of hours. 

Not sure what I did wrong but would it be possible to reheat in slow cooker for several hours to make it more tender?

I have reheated PP and brisket in a crock pot before, just be sure you add some liquid. Whether it will make it more tender is a totally another question, and it very well may, just depends on how long you leave it in there. 

I'll give it a shot. I added the au jus I had left and 1 cup of water. 

I believe you pulled it a little early.  Get into the mid nineties and then wrap for an hour or so off to the side with a little liquid and you should be good.  Most common mistake is to pull brisket too early.  I like to have mine just a bit past the 200 mark after wrapping. 

I think your right. I was just so affraid of overlooking it and making it dry. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky