Can Brisket be to Tender

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
My 3rd cook on the Rec Tec 590. Did a brisket with Lumberjack Hickory. Ran at 225 until hit 165. Put into alum pan and covered with foil and put in MES40 to finish. Took to 205. Poured juices out and rested 2 hours and put in fridge. Late now. Slice the point up yesterday and great smoke ring. and man is it tender. I went to make sandwich today and after heating in microwave could not pick up a piece without falling apart. Not like me but no pictures. Smoke fairly mild but I good with that. Getting where don't like heavy smoke anymore.

Reactions: chopsaw
My 3rd cook on the Rec Tec 590. Did a brisket with Lumberjack Hickory. Ran at 225 until hit 165. Put into alum pan and covered with foil and put in MES40 to finish. Took to 205. Poured juices out and rested 2 hours and put in fridge. Late now. Slice the point up yesterday and great smoke ring. and man is it tender. I went to make sandwich today and after heating in microwave could not pick up a piece without falling apart. Not like me but no pictures. Smoke fairly mild but I good with that. Getting where don't like heavy smoke anymore.

Yeah u can get too tender if your intent was to have sliced Brisket. Personally my favorite is chopped/shredded brisket with a little bbq sauce mixed in mmmmm good.

I eat it either way and as long as it isn't dry or tough then its perfect for me :D

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky