Campfire supper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ryan, That is - indeed - the money shot! Beautiful dish with absolutely amazing stake (and everything else) on it!
Thank you! It turned out perfectly. Couldn't have asked for better. Thanks for the like, it's appreciated

Ryan

Looks great Ryan!! One more post nudging me towards one of these fire pits.
Thank you! Isn't it funny how that happens...don't see any then suddenly you see two or three posts with them. We really enjoy ours but is sadly underused. Thanks for the like it's appreciated!

Ryan

Ryan, that is nothing but pure perfection!!!! You and the wife owned that!!!!

......and since you mentioned it.....a X-Fire pic..,,
BFE0185D-D68A-4496-AE07-AC56D3BAD77F.jpeg

Low light and wide open aperture.....that’s the secret! That’s how the flames feather and coals glow..... No filters or editing........ :-)

Ryan, that is nothing but pure perfection!!!! You and the wife owned that!!!!

......and since you mentioned it.....a X-Fire pic..,,
View attachment 447201
Low light and wide open aperture.....that’s the secret! That’s how the flames feather and coals glow..... No filters or editing........ :-)
Thank you! We really enjoyed it, not just eating but also cooking it. You take amazing photos, I just use my phone. But shelly has a decent digital camera I should play around with. Well it's decent to me but I'm not much of a photographer.

Ryan

Reactions: civilsmoker
You know me and my love of open fire cooking!!! That’s a vacation in its own right!!!

Just take a bunch practice shots with your wife’s camera till you find the right combination...take a couple of pics then change the settings and take a few more. That way you will be able to see what works best, but remember low or soft light really help bring out the true colors. Be sure NOT to use a flash. Natural sun will washout the colors as well.....

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Great fire feed and the surroundings are out of this world. The fire pit is awesome, just looked at the website and may try to make a smaller version for camping.

Great stuff, thanks for sharing.

Great fire feed and the surroundings are out of this world. The fire pit is awesome, just looked at the website and may try to make a smaller version for camping.

Great stuff, thanks for sharing.
Thank you, I appreciate it! That's our backyard, if it hadn't been raining all weekend and still raining we would have set up our wall tent. But drying canvas out takes time. First nice weekend we have we will set up camp in the back yard...who says you ever get too old to camp in your own back yard!

Ryan

Reactions: civilsmoker
Brokenhandle Brokenhandle - Very awesome place you have. I reckon the setup you posted is perfect, with the Vintage Laterns for lighting, just makes it. LED lights just dont give that atmosphere.

If that was my Backyard I would be camping every day :emoji_wink: She would have to beg me to come indoors hahaha.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
When a man has to smoke and cook food he will find away to get it done!
Great pics and congrats that looks good and fun

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky