Cajun Sweet Heat Goose/Pork Snack Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You are the sausage/stick king Inda!

Man do they look good.

BIG LIKE!

John
Thanks John. I had some really good mentors. I've been making my own smoke sausages for over 20 years now. Haven't made sticks in a long time until my friend in Kansas requested I make some. They have come a long way with the quality of collagen casings since then! More sticks on deck tomorrow....stay tuned...

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
So, these sticks are not fermented, thus higher pH than the last batch I made. They are drying slower. Last night I had to flip all the sticks because they were drying unevenly, the top drying more than the bottom. Tonight I weighed my tagged stick and it has reached 42% weight loss and the bottoms are now drying nicely. I moved the sticks to a cool room to finish drying to 45% to free my chamber up for sausage saturday. Today I made Bourbon and Black Pepper snack sticks. I think this batch will be the best ones yet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky