• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cajun Sweet Heat Goose/Pork Snack Sticks

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like indaswamp it is appreciated.

Warren

indaswamp

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
You are the sausage/stick king Inda!

Man do they look good.

BIG LIKE!

John
Thanks John. I had some really good mentors. I've been making my own smoke sausages for over 20 years now. Haven't made sticks in a long time until my friend in Kansas requested I make some. They have come a long way with the quality of collagen casings since then! More sticks on deck tomorrow....stay tuned...

indaswamp

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
So, these sticks are not fermented, thus higher pH than the last batch I made. They are drying slower. Last night I had to flip all the sticks because they were drying unevenly, the top drying more than the bottom. Tonight I weighed my tagged stick and it has reached 42% weight loss and the bottoms are now drying nicely. I moved the sticks to a cool room to finish drying to 45% to free my chamber up for sausage saturday. Today I made Bourbon and Black Pepper snack sticks. I think this batch will be the best ones yet.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.