Cajun Surf & Turf: Blackened Filets, Shrimp, And Grits (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Had a bachelor night recently and knew I needed to do some seafood....but I was also in the mood for a nice steak. Didn't take long to figure out a solution to this dilemma :emoji_laughing: Got a pack of two filets out of the freezer and some large shrimp to defrost. Cajun for some reason seemed to be the appropriate theme for dinner so I did.

The filets. Total weight was 13 ounces
011.jpg

The filets with a nice dose of blackening season and the shrimp lightly dusted
012.jpg

Fire up the griddle, melt a quarter pound of butter, and put the steaks on
013.jpg

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful!! Major storm coming in. Oh well, we need the rain and it's too late to stop now
014.jpg

Flip the steaks
015.jpg

When they hit an IT of 118 or so, move off to the side and put the shrimp on
016.jpg

Steak and shrimp done and in the house. Shrimp picked up a lot of the color and flavor left from cooking the steaks
017.jpg

Made some cheesy cayenne grits and plated everything. Shrimp look like a Ferris wheel but I didn't want to just throw them on top of the grits.
018.jpg

Patio bound and cut the steak
019.jpg

Close up. Steak got away from me by a couple degrees but it was really tough to gauge the the carryover. Still not a travesty though.
020.jpg

This one hit the spot!! No greenery with dinner either, just protein and carbs....exactly what a growing boy needs :emoji_laughing: I've always loved shrimp and really don't care how it's cooked. I'll eat it prepared pretty much any way somebody wants to serve it. Those CPB filet mignons are just spectacular. Honestly, the best meat I've ever eaten. Pair that with some shrimp and grits, it is gonna be a winner every time.

Well, need to get to my Sunday morning chores. Hope everybody has a great remainder of their weekend. Be back later.

Robert

Looks great Robert . Nice work .
Thanks Rich. I appreciate it. This was a pretty tasty meal and those filets are top shelf. I could eat those several times a week and not get tired of them.

Robert

you are better thaan me, Wife out of town for 4 days and I made myself refried bean burritos and frozen bratwurst. Tonights the last night she is gone and my daught said bring in Italian. Veal parm with a sub of salad instead of pasta.

Beautiful cook! Delicious looking meal Robert! Can’t beat shrimp and red meat done perfectly!

Looks awesome Robert! I’m saving the filets you sent me for a special dinner. Can’t wait.

Well Robert, that's a very good looking plate of food right there, my friend. It's time for me to get back to cooking...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky