Cabela brand smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MelonSC

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
Omaha, Nebr
Does anyone know who actually makes the Cabelas brand smoker? I bought one used in April 2019 and it worked flawlessly until the last time I used it, which was September. Then we moved and it sat until recently when I fired it up to use it. It struggled to get over 250 that night and now tonight, it never got past the Startup screen. The auger fed in pellets and it felt warm inside the chamber, but there was no temperature reading on the screen.

I want to find someplace to look up for parts and decide if its worth investing money into it or sell it for parts and replace it.

I admit this looks like a CampChef Woodwind with a few mods. (Assuming that's what you've got.)

Here's the one I have. Model # PGC24 and I *think* the CC version is PG24.

Attachments

• 20200621_183502.jpg
    20200621_183502.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 21
Looks to me like a cousin of the woodwind 24.
Have you taken the innards down to the crucible and verified there's no a puddle or grease or pellets down there?
And I think you want to check the connection to the temp probe if you couldn't get a reading last time.

I have pulled out everything to see the firepit. When it first comes on, the auger spins to dump pellets in, the fire starts and that's it. On the display, it didn't show anything else besides Start. Normally after a few minutes, it shows the temp of the probe inside. I haven't removed anything behind control panel to check connections there yet.

Sometimes the final connection to the temperature probe is easy to get to. Find the probe in the cooker and trace where the leads go. Is there a connector before it goes someplace hard to get to? If so, take it apart and look for shiny metal on both male and female mating parts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky