C-bind experience

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbo_c

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 23, 2020
I made a couple of batches with c-bind. Mostly just to test it out and see what difference it made.

I used 1/4tsp per pound in one batch. It was like eating a wet sponge. Seems to have interfered with the bind in some way too.

Used 1/8tsp per pound in another batch. Finished product is VERY moist, not bad, but somehow almost too moist. At this rate, it didn’t seem to have a negative effect on the bind like the other batch.

Glad I only made two small test batches. Don’t think I’ll use it again. Or if I do, will have to try to figure out how to evenly disperse 1/16 teaspoon in a pound of meat.

Anybody else tried it? What was your experience?

Jbo

:)

I was thinking more about how to get it evenly dispersed. You’re not supposed to add it until immediately prior to stuffing. So should be adding to meat that has developed a full bind already. Seems like it could be a challenge to make sure it’s truly dispersed through the meat.

Jbo

I've tried it an I thought it was really good. I used it at .5% of the weight of the meat and fat. I have no idea what that comes to in teaspoons. If you divide out the 1.5 ounces in the bag to 400 ounce of meat the bag says it's fore you get something more like .375%. How much liquid are you adding to the sausage? I wonder if something else went wrong? I think I added after I had partially mixed the sausage by hand and continued mixing. I don't know how well it dispersed. but it was one of my juicier sausages. I've only tried it once though.

:)

I was thinking more about how to get it evenly dispersed. You’re not supposed to add it until immediately prior to stuffing. So should be adding to meat that has developed a full bind already. Seems like it could be a challenge to make sure it’s truly dispersed through the meat.

Jbo

Let the meat warm up on the counter to room temp... then mix it in before stuffing... The meat will be a little more workable when it comes to room temp... which also in turn makes it easier to stuff as well ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky