Butterflied Pork Butt (or Pork Butt Butt)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for bringing this back up tallbm tallbm ! Next round of pulled pork I plan on giving this a go....
No problem. You know your stuff so I'm curious how you like this approach. My thoughts are you will enjoy it no matter what but I'm hopeful you get all the extra seasoning, smoke, and bark flavor benefits that I get and it makes a big difference for you :D

Reactions: indaswamp
I've had good luck spatchcocking them too. Makes getting through stall a breeze. And the added surface area for spice and crust is great.
My last weekend's butt was rotisseried on my pellet grill whole however. Not my best...was hoping for some added self-basting. Unfortunately I pulled it about 10deg too soon. Ended up finishing it in a crockpot. Made great sandwiches, but not my best effort. But was fun to get out the rotisserie.

I've had good luck spatchcocking them too. Makes getting through stall a breeze. And the added surface area for spice and crust is great.
My last weekend's butt was rotisseried on my pellet grill whole however. Not my best...was hoping for some added self-basting. Unfortunately I pulled it about 10deg too soon. Ended up finishing it in a crockpot. Made great sandwiches, but not my best effort. But was fun to get out the rotisserie.
Yep! The extra flavor is always nice.

Hey we live and learn, maybe the next rotisserie attempt will be knocked out of the park :D

Reactions: bill1
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky