Butt smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fathomthis

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
Started this morning at 7 and got it on at 7:30. Perfect temps so far sitting around 230 and 240.
0579e5ba_003.jpg

ad7ccc0e_005.jpg

b283e95f_006.jpg

91dd4829_007.jpg

Looking good!!!!!!!

Nice job---Keep the pics coming.

I'm warming up to be ready for my first STUFZ burger in about an hour, and you're Qview is prepping my taste buds!

Thanks,

Bear

i need to modify my ECB!!! im dipping in temps at the same time im hitting the wall. Not enough air flow and too much ash and i dont have a scoop to get it out. i think i got it goin again though but its like babysitting constantly.

I'm very happy with the basic mods I made to my gourmet ECB

I just added a raised charcoal grate and built a slider to help manage airflow into the hole in the bottom -- done with some screws and a couple sheets of thin metal I cut with tin snips. It's not pretty, but it works!  Friday I made a 9.5 lb brisket (It was a little too long, so I set a beer can chicken holder underneath the middle so it raised up the center) and an 8 lb butt.  Even with the 20 mph wind gusts, it worked like a champ.  I had to refuel with charcoal once, and tap the bottom a couple of times to dislodge some ash, but it made some good que with a lot less babysitting than it required before the mods.
i need to modify my ECB!!! im dipping in temps at the same time im hitting the wall. Not enough air flow and too much ash and i dont have a scoop to get it out. i think i got it goin again though but its like babysitting constantly.

resorting to firing up charcoal on my grill and throwing in the smoker this should be my last push at 156 and if these coals die down its oven time.

Ok in the oven finally starting to move up in temp. holy crap my house smells so good its killing me! this is suppose to be fore dinner tomorrow but im not sure how im gonna hold back from eating it as soon as its done.

To be a proper captain in the food preparation arena.

You Must sample the product to assure it is just right on the taste buds.

Its Your Duty.

That last pic is looking pretty darn tasty. Thanks for sharing.

Just had dinner with the whole family.    I realize now that as enjoying as it is to actually smoke the butt the best part is enjoying it with family and friends and id like to say thanks to everyone for the helpful posts and amazing website! Everyone gave me a thumbs up!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky