Burger presses

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
Now that I rediscovered the meat market I want to making burgers in bulk.

Anyone recommend a good press? The ones I've seen in the local stores look and feel cheap.

Reactions: JLeonard
I've been using a single burger press I got from Cabelas maybe 25 years ago, does a great job!
005.JPG

I see Cabelas no longer stocks it, this is the exact same one, sold on Amazon, twice what I paid, they last forever. RAY

I use two sheets of parchment paper and a dinner plate.

Chris

Reactions: Marknmd
I like the one Rays has . I remember seeing them at Cabelas . Has some heft to it .
The nice thing about them is you can dial the patty in by weight and they are perfect every time. I make half pounder hipshot burgers for the Weber, 3/4 pound for the flattop and smash them out some to fit my buns. Now I want a burger! RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
I made smash burgers a few weeks ago using Jimmy Dean Sausage.. Really good...

I've been using a single burger press I got from Cabelas maybe 25 years ago, does a great job!View attachment 656091

I see Cabelas no longer stocks it, this is the exact same one, sold on Amazon, twice what I paid, they last forever. RAY

I have the same one Ray, & I have the wax paper squares too. I think I’ll be dead before I use all those wax paper squares!
Al

Yeah....you just swing the press left and right the catch the ready made burgers. We used it to make 600 burgers for a volunteer organization cook out one time....made quick work out of it!

TSM made a video using a sausage stuffer. But it works great with a grinder....

works better if you set up on the end of a table so one guy can work both sides of the burger press while standing facing the machine....

I have the Weston brand press and use the square burger papers. Like others said it has a dial for the weight of the burger, I usually dile it back a little so there not as compact.

For deer burgers which is what we eat it works great. When I was making them by hand they would fall apart sometimes flipping on the grill. With the press it makes very nice patties.

I use a cheapo that works well. Makes 3/4" thick patties with 151 gram ball - 1/3Lb.
Can really crank'em out if you've got someone weighing and someone pressing. I put them in the deep freeze for a few hours before vac sealing.
1674934673618.png

1674934740997.png

I stumbled across a 6" piece of stainless pipe at work. Had the machine shop cut me a set of circles from .250-3.0 in .250 increments. Only use the thicker ones but have the rest in a box somewhere. LoL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky