Bulgur Dinner Rolls

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

homebrew & bbq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
NE Nebraska
These rolls are DELICIOUS!! My wife and mother-in-law have been making them since before I was part of the family and they are always in demand. My son typically eats about a half dozen at a meal.

I was going to add these to gypsy's Thanksgiving smorgasbord thread, but their good anytime of year.

Hope you enjoy them.

Bulgur Refrigerator Rolls

1 cup bulgur wheat
2 cups boiling water
2 packages dry yeast
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 cup milk, scalded
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons salt
2 eggs, beaten
7 to 7 1/2 cups flour

Add bulgur to boiling water and simmer for 20 minutes. Cool. Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water. Add oil to scalded milk; then add sugar, salt, and beaten eggs. Mix well. Add bulgur and yeast to milk mixture; add 3 1/2 cups flour and mix until smooth. Add flour as needed until you have a soft dough. Knead 8 to 10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, then foil, and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
When ready to bake, punch dough down, form into rolls, and place on well-greased baking sheets. Let rise until double in bulk. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Homebrew, they sound great! Thank you for the recipe!
smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky