Building a reverseflow for a pit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dog1234

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 8, 2012
Breaux Bridge, LA
Hey team,

I am converting a pit to a reverseflw smoker.

Here is pictures of the firebox. I am looking for suggestions for an inlet air vent. The one in the picrure is to small and I need a bigger one. Any suggestions/images would be great.
Fire box 1.jpeg

Fire box 2.jpeg

This is a video of the pit I will be converting. I am not sure if you will be able to see it. I having trouble understanding this downloading process.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkRR9dKtKAez5EQzoZy7AoPBaxyH?e=SqeYRO

Reactions: JLeonard
I just had this done with my smoker and it is working incredible. From the video looks like that could be a good candidate. I am amazed by the skill on here and the amazing designs people do. Have you checked out Chudd on youtube he just did a complete reverse flow build and might answer your question.

here is the redesign i just had done to mine and I am several cooks in and it is amazing.

I just had this done with my smoker and it is working incredible. From the video looks like that could be a good candidate. I am amazed by the skill on here and the amazing designs people do. Have you checked out Chudd on youtube he just did a complete reverse flow build and might answer your question.

here is the redesign i just had done to mine and I am several cooks in and it is amazing.

Hi Dan, thanks for the imges. Good ideas are coiming as i look over your build.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky