Broil King Pellets vs Other's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Average Human

Original poster
May 11, 2019
Toronto, Canada
Hi all,

I picked up my Broil King Regal 500 pellet grill last week and I love it!

Both the dealer and Broil King insist that only Broil King pellets can be used on Broil King pellet grills.

I'm wondering if anyone can speak to whether or not that is just a bunch of nonsense to get you to funnel more of your money into their coffers?

Thanks!

I think Traeger tried to pass off the same load of shat for a lot of years, told folks it would void the warranty ect, use what ya want and save some $ and maybe get better flavor

Congrats on your new pooper.
How does the price of Broil King pellets compare to other brands available to you?

I'm in Canada and the most common price for a 20 lb bag of BK pellets in my region is $24 CAD. I found some on sale for $20 CAD per bag, so I bought a few. Works out to $1/lb

However, a 32 lb bag of Traeger pellets sells for $24 CAD at Costco ($0.75/lb). Given the feedback I see already on this thread, I will likely go with that option in the future. 🙂

I believe that is non sense.

Hopefully you can find some other options like a lot of us have in the states. I pay 50 cents a lb from a cookinpellets dealer and lumber jack, bear mountain, pitt boss are all under 50 cents a lb near me. I try to stay right around 50 cents a lb when buying.

Reactions: Average Human
Nice profit margin on pellets, especially from grill manufacturers. You can get better pellets for less. Doesn't speak highly of Broil King to push that nonsense. They better honor their warranty regardless of pellet brand used.

I believe most brands suggest strongly to use their pellets. I don't believe any pellet grill mfg actually states that in the warranty. I found that on my Pit Boss. Plus, prove what I was burning after its burnt. They won't waste the money on that.

Our smokers to the north have a lot of obstacles. Import and Provincial taxes to fund their social medicine system.
Price and availability of pellets leaves them jealous of what is found in the US

Reactions: kstone113
Our smokers to the north have a lot of obstacles. Import and Provincial taxes to fund their social medicine system.
Price and availability of pellets leaves them jealous of what is found in the US

Let

I think we can all agree that the world isn't exactly perfect, but that's not what we're meant to use this forum to discuss. Let's try our best to keep things on-topic, please.

Thanks!

Reactions: Fueling Around
What other options do you have around you? Anything local maybe, not so much name brand (Traeger, Pit Boss, Broil King etc)? Just curious what we can't get that you can.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky