Brisket- Smoked and sous vide

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chipnputt

Original poster
Aug 15, 2016
Lake Fork, Texas
i cut a brisket in half (brined one for corn beef and smoked into pastrami) and one for smoked brisket.

I seasoned it Texas style, just salt and pepper. Smoked it for 6 hours at 260 with apple chips. Took it off and bagged it for sous vide at 155 for 24 hours. I know this is backwards to most suggestions, but it tuened out wonderfully.
0328412F-2C6D-4149-B434-24C84D7C4DDB.jpeg

Reactions: Scott Eisenbraun
Now that's different. Has to be juicy. A lot of people complain that the flat is too dry when smoking till tender, usually over 200 degrees. Would you do it that way again?

Reactions: chipnputt
Yum. I have a flat in the freezer I've been wanting to try the 155 for 24hrs in SV after smoking. I have a bottom round in the fridge to do first but havent nailed down the duration in a 136 SV bath after smoking around 200. .

Finished the pastrami today, 11 days making corn beef, cleaned and seasoned, then smoked for 4 hours at 250. Bagged and sous vide for 48 hours at 140. Tastes fantastic. Made some dressing that is a cross betwen russian and thousand island, marbled rye, sauerkraut soaked in homemade ale with swiss cheese for a grilled Reuben
upload_2018-12-16_16-7-2.jpeg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky