Brisket Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jakesmith

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 1, 2008
Hayward, SD
Anyone ever experience a brisket that had a very short plateau?

Here is the story. I put my 9 lb, untrimmed ( I like the fat on it to flavor and keep the meat moist). brisket at 2:45 pm it is now 10:45 pm and I've hit 170 on the brisket. So my calculations are it took 8 hrs to my brisket to temp. My smoker kept a very constant temp of around 225. My plateau was roughly 15 minutes, which is really unusual for me. I expect an hour usually.

Before you think it, my meat thermometer is right I just tested it two days ago.

Well the temp dont lie time to wrap and get it to 190

It happens...once cooked a 12# packer in 7 hours!!!
eek.gif

Sounds like a good going smoke with a brisket that likes you
biggrin.gif
It happens once in awhile

Guess you would call it my fathers day present.

Well I pulled it off at 170 and foiled it and wrapped it. Since everyone is coming over at 4:00 pm. I'll fire up the smoker and bring it up to 190 when it gets a little closer to the time and throw some ABTs on there as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky