Brisket going full naked!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
Figured I would give this one a naked cook - no wrapping. First time doing so with a brisket (many saw the successful naked rib cook - so i figured WTF why not). I was in a rut with my methods and so here we go.

15.25LB Costco Prime brisket at $3.69 / LB. not bad. Trimmed off about 2 lb of fat...it had a big chunk of hard fat on the point end, but I liked the flat thickness and took the hit. Rubbed last night.

0530 sparked up the Rec Tec on LOW (180) for 4 hours then turn up to 275 and left for an Oktoberfest at Snowbird. Had a hike and a couple cold ones. returned home to about 180 IT. She creeping and it about 191 on the flat. Wont be long for the after pics. Had a couple teaser bits of trim cut offs - might be a good one...more to follow.

IMG_5304 (Edited).JPG
IMG_5301 (Edited).JPG

OK - real close - just probed and I think I will give it a few more minutes - but I did snap this pics while checking the doneness. More to follow...
IMG_5309.JPG

Reactions: tallbm and drdon
Damn that is looking great... C'mon sliced pics.
Better have a beer or two...after its off the grill she will need a rest before mass consumption ensues! BUT I will get the sliced pics.

ok, thank god for elastic pants!

well - it was a big success! this is the way to go for me. easy and better - why mess with that.

BUT - I have to thank all the guys here who figured this out before me. Thank you for sharing so I can learn from you.

IMG_5312.JPG
IMG_5314.JPG
IMG_5313.JPG
IMG_5310.JPG

thanks again - I owe it to this forum. You guys have helped me up my game - no doubt about it!

Nice work, the brisket looks amazing!
I'm 110% for no wrap for briskets. Next time try some 100% Mesquite smoke in a pellet tube for about 6-9 hours and be prepared to be amazed at the flavor! :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky