Brisket - best price I've seen!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JeffShoaf

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 4, 2021
If you're looking for brisket, check out the new US Chef'Store in Winston-Salem. 40 lbs of whole chicken wings for $42 too.

Attachments

• PXL_20230110_195228819.jpg
    PXL_20230110_195228819.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Wow
Reactions: tallbm and JLeonard
We have a chef Store in town. Their beef is never graded. Does that mean it’s below choice? I’ve always been cautious to get beef there other than eye of round for beef jerky as theirs is very lean.

At my local USC they usually have both non graded (select) and choice. Sometimes even
CAB (Choice Angus Beef). With a small price difference.
I have not seen just the flats though at my local store (deckle removed!)
A lot of folks use that for grind for burger or sausage and what not!

If you're looking for brisket, check out the new US Chef'Store in Winston-Salem. 40 lbs of whole chicken wings for $42 too.
When the US Chef's Store opened in my area they had amazing sales the first week or 2.

I was told the order sooo much and have to move it that it's discounted deeply and the chicken was discounted even further as the week went on because they ordered too much for the opening.

If you have a deep freezer this is the time to eyeball all of their deals and if they over ordered scoop up cases of meat, vac seal and freeze it!

After a month or 2 they will adjust their prices to be nothing too special. Grocery story weekly sales beat the USC store sales weekly for sure on those specific items of meat. USC used to also have like their own 2 week ad/sales but haven't looked at it in a long time because the website wasn't showing it or they got rid of it.

I can say their prices are hard to beat for getting things like bulk plastic ziplock style bags, seasonings, canned items, etc.
I get all my 1gal and 2 gal plastic bags and love their Monarch seasoning blends in 1pound and giant 5 pound jugs of seasoning.

Mine also carries frozen trimmed pork back fat bit its in like 20 pound boxes or more.

Overall I like the store even though I rarely go their except for when I need bulk seasonings, plastic bags, or something like a new set of forks or a giant brining bucket/tub.

Enjoy the great grand opening prices and stock up because their meat prices won't be like that for too long :)

We have a chef Store in town. Their beef is never graded. Does that mean it’s below choice? I’ve always been cautious to get beef there other than eye of round for beef jerky as theirs is very lean.
They also had Prime brisket for $4.39, prime whole boneless ribeye for $22.99, and prime while boneless NY strip loin for $13.69.

Reactions: Sven Svensson
When the US Chef's Store opened in my area they had amazing sales the first week or 2.

I was told the order sooo much and have to move it that it's discounted deeply and the chicken was discounted even further as the week went on because they ordered too much for the opening.
They opened the 2nd week of December so hopefully these aren't just grand opening prices. I did see a few 40 lb. cases of disjointed chicken wings that had a packing date in late December that had been marked down from $47 to $42.

Reactions: tallbm
After a month or 2 they will adjust their prices to be nothing too special. Grocery story weekly sales beat the USC store sales weekly for sure on those specific items of meat. USC used to also have like their own 2 week ad/sales but haven't looked at it in a long time because the website wasn't showing it or they got rid of it.
They had bone in pork butts for $1.39 which is a pretty good price compared to non-sale grocery store prices, but, like you said, the grocery stores have them on sale pretty regularly for 99¢ and very occasionally for 88¢.

At my local USC they usually have both non graded (select) and choice. Sometimes even
CAB (Choice Angus Beef). With a small price difference.
I have not seen just the flats though at my local store (deckle removed!)
A lot of folks use that for grind for burger or sausage and what not!
Same in my area.

Went by the Chef'Store yesterday. Got another Brisket flat - $3.05 lb - and a skinless pork belly that was marked down to $2.75 lb. Gonna try to make some bacon for the first time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky