Brisket Advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

da maxx

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Port Orchard, WA
Trying my first beef brisket in my MES30 today. Started late, but I couldn't wait. It's a 5lb brisket. I had used the mustard and dry rub combination. It sat in the fridge overnight. I have it on the top rack. Right now temp is 226, MES reads 240. I plan on wrapping it at 165, cook til 200, then remove and wrap in a towel for about 1hr. However, this whole process might end around 11PM. What's the best plan, to hold this until tomorrow ? Fridge\freeze ? when ?

I think your best bet is to cook thru to final temp and then wrap and put in the fridge until tomorrow.  Reheat at 225* until internal comes up to final temp again tomorrow.  Others will come along with more precise instructions.  You'll be OK though.

I've have yet to do a brisket but with other meats, you can put in the oven to get temps up quicker. Just a thought.

97f6f9d5_DSC00134.jpg

Okay, Brisket came out sooner than expected. I didn't foil. Cooked til 200. Wrapped in foil and let it set for about 45mins. Brisket was moist and flavorful. However, a bit on the tough side for me. Everyone else enjoyed it. Would wrapping at 165 helped the toughness ? I didn't wrap because I kept the water pan full of juice.

Thanks,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky