Brinkmann gourmet temp gauge.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

somersinbloom

Original poster
Feb 8, 2014
Worcester England
I'm planning to do my first ever smoke this Sat. Does anyone know what temp ranges the stupid temp gauge on the brinkmann gourmet is referring to when it points to ideal?! IDEAL! It takes up a third of the dial...you'd have thought they'd have made things a little more accurate!

You will want to look into getting a probe thermometer or better yet a dual probe. 1 probe for meat temp and the other placed right next the food so you have complete control. Most smokers have cold and hot spots and who knows where your Brinkman thermometer is taking its reading vs. what the temp your food is really cooking at.

What I have seen a lot of folks do is buy a "tru tel" bbq thermometer and mount it either in the same spot as the old one or below in the body of the smoker. I think they mount pretty easily and are much more accurate Than that useless pinwheel that comes with the smoker. :biggrin:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky