Brinkmann 810-7090 S Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flapia

Original poster
Jun 30, 2013
Central Florida
Hi everyone!

I just got this smoker as a gift. I see the reviews are really great, especially for someone new to smoking. My question is about maintaining heat. How do I do that?

I also need to buy an internal thermometer and I am wondering what would be a good choice?

Thanks in advance...

I really don't know anything about that smoker but I can help you with a therm. If you think you are serious about smoking I would suggest a Maverick ET-732. It is a digital therm with 2 probes, 1 for smoker temp and 1 for food temp. It has a remote with a very long range so you can monitor your smoker from somewhere else like in the comforts of your living room! The remote is also programmable to set up alarms like high or low temps and timers, It can also be very useful for other things too. Not to long ago I thought I had a problem with my refrigerator so I stuck a probe in it so I could watch the temps and see what it was doing inside without having to open the door.
One of our forum sponsors has them on sale right now with Free shipping, not to mention he has the best customer service you will find anywhere!
http://www.amazenproducts.com/

Thank you!

That thermometer is actually one that I was looking at earlier today.

David, when you say seal up, is it okay to just put foil around the cracks between the lid and main unit? I was surprised that there was any opening at all and was worried about that.

Thank you!

That thermometer is actually one that I was looking at earlier today.

David, when you say seal up, is it okay to just put foil around the cracks between the lid and main unit? I was surprised that there was any opening at all and was worried about that.
If foil will do it that is fine. A lot of people will use the red hight temp silacone. Spray one side with cooking spray then apply the silacone and close it up. Let it dry overnight.

Happy smoken.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky