• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brinkman temperature control

shadylakedon

Joined Feb 2, 2011
Hey folks, new guy here from New Jersey. I recently purchased a new Brinkman electric smoker to replace  my 8 year old one that the heating element burned out on. Online they looked identical, how ever when I recieved it I found the element did not have any kind of control as the previous one had, just a plug and play deal. I've used it a couple of times and it works well, but still don't like the idea of not having any control. Is there any kind of aftermarket rheostat I could splice in?

ringodad

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 21, 2010
My solution was a web site by Nate Elston, where he made a controller using a PID. If you google Nate Elston it should pop up. I think the blog is called "taming my Brinkman smoker"

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.