Brinkman Smoker cant get the temp up

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redneck1676

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
Crest Hill, IL
Hey folks I've got a Brinkman smoker that I cant get the temp up. A few weeks ago I smoked some roasts and got the temp to 225, the other day I smoked with the water pan and only could get 150. I know I'm loosing smoke around the door so I think I will add a seal. But I'm still not sure if my fire is staying as hot as it should. Take a look and see if there are any mods I can do to fix her up.
0de05659_120314_0001.jpg
8b4b56da_NewImage.jpg
6e876ef6_NewImage2.jpg

Those smokers are hard to get good temps out of. Try losing that charcoal pan and getting a grill wok to hold your coals. Then switch to lump, and rather than trying the minion method, just dump a full chimney's worth of lit coals in the basket. I wouldn't worry about door seals, as a loose fitting door will generally increase your temps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky