Brined Cherry Smoked Kettle Chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motocrash

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 25, 2017
Winchester,Va
I have been using this brine for years, I found it a while back and altered to the below.

2 cups apple juice - I use 100%, no sugar added (Juicy Juice)
1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 cup kosher salt - I use Diamond Crystal
1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar, packed
1 tsp red pepper flakes - I use Gochugaru
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Jaccard or stab the chops with a fork to tenderize/perforate.

Bring to simmer stirring with whisk to dissolve sugar/salt, remove from heat, add 2 cups ice cubes and whisk to cool quickly.
Once cool, pour into zip bag and add chops. Brine 24 hours, rinse chops and add a little rub or seasonings of choice.

I use a different brine for poultry but it would be good on birds too.

Brined Chops.jpg

Real good color and markings on those chops. Bet they tasted great.

Point for sure
Chris

Well, it seems the quote function isn't working, so....
chopsaw chopsaw - Thanks man, I bet you can saw through a good chop :emoji_grin: Thanks for the like.
yankee2bbq yankee2bbq - Thanks for the like, give it a try, you'll like it. It's good for ribs too!
gmc2003 gmc2003 - The color is the work of the cherry and the sear marks are courtesy of a vintage Weber cast iron grate. Appreciate the like!

Johnny Ray Johnny Ray , tropics tropics , Colin1230 Colin1230 - Thanks for the likes guys!

Very nice crash! I took a screen cap of the recipe so I can try it out!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky