Breville Electric Pizza Oven?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
Has anyone played with this? It only gets to 700F, but I'm reading really good reviews.

Reactions: JLeonard
I don't know about their pizza oven, but I have their toaster and food processor, and that processor is a true gem, far better than any other I have owned. They are a good company and I like their products.

Is it any different than a stone in the oven? I would much rather have one that could impart some wood flavor?

Is it any different than a stone in the oven? I would much rather have one that could impart some wood flavor?

My oven only gets to 525 F. That extra 175 should make a difference. In a proper wood oven setup, when the temps hit 900F, you don't get a lot of wood flavor because the pizza is in the oven for 60-90 seconds max.

Reactions: clifish
My oven only gets to 525 F. That extra 175 should make a difference. In a proper wood oven setup, when the temps hit 900F, you don't get a lot of wood flavor because the pizza is in the oven for 60-90 seconds max.
Yeah, if one of the pellet-fired especially. My RT590 will supposedly get to 700 or so, but pellets burn so clean at anything above 400 you really don’t get much wood flavor, let alone on such a short cook.
Had pizza on a friend‘s Fyra and confirmed my suspicion … no real wood flavor (to me anyway).
When I get one (been flirting quite a while, may pull trigger now on sale) I’ll get one of the gas ones. The Koda 16 with the L shaped burner looks interesting if you can get away with one turn.
But yours with the turntable is such a great idea.

Reactions: LoydB

I do NY style pizzas, so very long 6-8 minute bakes compared to 60-90 seconds for a Neopolitian. You'd have to have an Iron Chef level pallet to notice the difference between a pizza cooked on gas, propane or wood. And I don't even think the best pallet could detect how it was cooked. You will get different leoparding if you're going for a Neapolitan style pizza, but the flavor will be identical. Wood's a lot more work too. When I got my Ooni Karu 16 I thought "OHHH wood will be authentic and fun..." And I made 99.9% of my pizzas with propane.

Before I got it I was thinking wood would also make it taste better and different. But after trying it I remembered I smoke my ribs for 5-6 hours and my pork butt for 14 hours. a pizza baked at 600-950f for 1-5 minutes, there's not a chance of it doing anything. I know there are a bunch of people who still use wood because it's traditional though. It is kind of fun, in a way more work sort of way.

Reactions: zwiller and clifish
I have one Breville product, a coffee grinder. Love it. Best of the three grinders I've ever owned; and three times as expensive. Was it worth it? Absolutely. It's quieter with a very consistent grind and practically an infinite level of grind settings.

That said, I'm going to use my wife's logic when it comes to toys. I once contemplated buying a 1-3 second instant-read thermometer for $100. My wife asked, "What are your other options? What are their prices? And how fast are they?" I listed several from $10 to $50 and explained they take 5 to 8 seconds. She nodded and said, "So, are those extra 4 or 5 seconds worth $50 to $90?"

I bought the $10 thermometer, and it's still going strong several years later.

So, the Breville is $1k with a max temp of 700F. (725F on their literature). Your oven's max temp is roughly 200 degrees cooler. Are those 200 degrees worth $1k? And is there a better option for the price that will give you a higher temp?

So, the Breville is $1k with a max temp of 700F. (725F on their literature). Your oven's max temp is roughly 200 degrees cooler. Are those 200 degrees worth $1k? And is there a better option for the price that will give you a higher temp?
Pretty sure the Breville will cook more evenly.
Home ovens are notorious for uneven heating.

If we're talking about indoors, no, there isn't a better option. That said, I'm leaning toward a Halo Versa on the porch instead...

PizzaParty makes good ovens.
Left a wood burning one at a previous house as it was built in.
Currently have one of their gas (propane) ovens, the Emozione.
They are in Italy, and shipping is pretty fast.
Prices are not that bad, but then everyone's version of "not that bad" is different.

And the bots have arrived….

Edit: mods deleted the post this refers to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 02ebz06
I’m going to get the Halo Versa when it isn’t like the surface of the sun outside.

Reactions: chopsaw
Nice . Post it up when you do . I've been learning the solo pi pizza .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky