Bourbon Chuck, Chipotle Boneless Ribs, IPA Brisket Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What a great neighborhood to be in! Everything looks great. Like!
Thank you Eddie! We just moved here in July, but lucked out and it’s a great neighborhood and a lot of fun. I think our bbq and smoked meat helped us speed up the friendship process!

Looking great!
Thank you DJ!

Wow Jed, you have been crushing the cooks recently!! That was a ton of food, a ton of work, and a fantastic effort. It all looks amazing. Very well done sir!!

Robert

Reactions: bauchjw
Once again, your posts here push me to new and wonderful firsts. My armature neighborhood bbq team and their families got together and I put together some new things to try…..wasn’t flawless execution, but fun and there wasn’t any leftovers!

SPOG for the Chuck & Brisket flat, Brown sugar base rub for the pork butt. I halved the salt and replaced with Accent, per @thirdeye recommendation
View attachment 522407View attachment 522408
onto the pellet pooper with mesquite. I’ve been having AMPS issues which didn’t bother me too much because the strong flavors being added later will dominate anyway.
View attachment 522409View attachment 522410

Pulled them off and rested when;
1) Brisket flat hit IT of 190. No probe tender since it’ll be simmering in chili pot forabout 4 to 5 hours the next day.
2) Chuck hit IT of 180. cubbed next day and brought up to probe tender in maple bourbon glaze.
3) Pork butt hit 180, cut into ribs next day and brought to pull tender in Chipotle bbq sauce.

View attachment 522413View attachment 522416
View attachment 522415View attachment 522414View attachment 522417
Chuck and Butt we’re wrapped after long rest and put in the fridge for Next day. Last pic of brisket I cubed that night to put in the IPA Texas Chili sauce (recipe on my IPA Texas Style Chili thread) to marinade overnight.

Next day I put the chili on a low simmer to reduce and cook of IPA alcohol taste. I think it went about 5 hours.
View attachment 522418
Then cubbed up the Chuck and put into foil pan. In sauce pan;
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup bourbon
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 teaspoons sugar base rub
4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Boil, reduce to low simmer to reduce to syrup consistency, pour on beef cubes, then sprinkled with K Satlt and brown sugar, a few Pattie’s of butter into the mix.

View attachment 522419View attachment 522420
Then the Butt, cut up to look like ribs, placed in aluminum pan, in sauce pan:
2 cups BBq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray)
2 tablespoons molasses
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
3 chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
Stir and simmer till blended well.

View attachment 522421

View attachment 522422View attachment 522423
Cover, back on smoker at 250 for about another hour.Removed lid, I was going to put boneless ribs onto kettle, but they fell apart fast and the beer was flowing and BS was flying so we decided to eat! Chuck burnt ends were real tasty, chili was amazing, boneless ribs became a sloppy pulled pork, but….. definitely great! Fun flavors, poor execution, but a lot of happy friends!
View attachment 522425View attachment 522426View attachment 522428View attachment 522427

Thank you for your time!!!
YUMMY!!! Harry Soo has a very interesting blog and video about using Accent. Since watching the video I use it all the time and it really does make a difference

Wow Jed, you have been crushing the cooks recently!! That was a ton of food, a ton of work, and a fantastic effort. It all looks amazing. Very well done sir!!
Robert
Thank you Robert! It was a lot of fun putting it together, always learning something new and making mistakes here and there, but if they eat it all with smiles it’s definitely worth it!

YUMMY!!! Harry Soo has a very interesting blog and video about using Accent. Since watching the video I use it all the time and it really does make a difference
Thank you! I’ll definately check that out!

WOW Jed! Sorry about being late to the party.
You got any leftovers?
No worries at all! I appreciate your time! Sorry, no leftovers at all, even that night, but you’re welcome over anytime!

Well you sure out did yourself with this cook. Everything looks fantastic!! What a great job.
I could eat that all week long.
Gary
Thank you Gary! It’s the best way to stock my beer fridge, I do the meat and the guys bring over the beer! I keep the 6 pack leftovers! It was a lot of fun!

You really knocked that one outta the park man…. That all looks top notch, congrats on the well deserved ride!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky