Boneless/Skinless Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
I had some in the freezer and after looking around on here and the interweb, I decided on a recipe I found on eatwell101...Garlic Chicken Thighs in Creamy Mushroom Sauce. Biggest change I made was grilling the thighs instead of pan frying. Here we go...

The lineup...

Thighs seasoned with course salt & fresh cracked black pepper...
20220724_160923[1].jpg

Diced onion, 3 cloves chopped garlic, sun dried tomatoes, sliced mushrooms. Heavy cream, unsalted chicken broth, and grated parmesan cheese not in the picture...
20220724_155744[1].jpg

Grilled the thighs over lump until cooked and a char on both sides. About 5 minutes on each side...
20220724_173423[1].jpg

Sautéed mushrooms in olive oil and butter until browned on both sides. Added the garlic for a couple of minutes then the onion and cooked until translucent. Next added the drained tomatoes for a few before adding a couple of cups of unsalted chicken broth...
20220724_184809[1].jpg

After reducing for a few minutes, reduce the heat and add the heavy cream and simmer for a couple of minutes until it thickens. Stir in the parmesan cheese and taste for seasoning. Once the cheese has melted, add in the chicken...
20220724_185723[1].jpg

Next up is fresh beets. Peeled the roots and cut into ~1" cubes, chopped the stalks, separated and washed the greens...
20220724_144013[1].jpg

The roots were coated with EVOO, course salt & cracked pepper, and roasted in a 450℉ oven until tender and slightly browned on the edges. The stems were sautéed in EVOO until tender then the greens were added until they wilted. Seasoned with course salt & cracked pepper...
20220724_180955[1].jpg

20220724_181616[1].jpg

Boiled up some pasta for the chicken and cream sauce, baked some frozen Pillsbury biscuits and all is ready. Time to eat...
20220724_192742[1].jpg

Those who were here raved about the chicken and sauce. Some were not thrilled with the beets, but my wife, myself, and her mother love them. These were really fresh and looked fantastic so...

Looks delicious! Don't think I've had beets since I was a kid so I guess I'd at least try them...I never used to like broccoli or cauliflower but do now.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Hands down a blue ribbon winner dinner Charles. There is nothing about that I wouldn't love. It all looks amazing but the step-by-step on the chicken just has me drooling. Sounds fantastic my friend. Very well done!! Congrats on a much deserved carousel ride.

Robert

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Fantastic looking cook Charles.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great. I’m going to give this a try

Over the top and carousel worthy for sure. Like the pan sauce too that’s just how I do it. Over all what a nice meal. Big like

Nice pot of chicken! In a beet fan too.

Charles,
I love that shot of those thighs getting all happy in the sauce.
That is one delicious looking meal.
Well done!

Stu

Hands down a blue ribbon winner dinner Charles. There is nothing about that I wouldn't love. It all looks amazing but the step-by-step on the chicken just has me drooling. Sounds fantastic my friend. Very well done!! Congrats on a much deserved carousel ride.

Robert
Thank you all for the comments and compliments, they mean a lot to me...

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Nice looking meal. Wasn't ever a huge fan of beets but will do them. Great work. . .

Just fantastic Charles, Chicken sounds perfect, ( beets not on my like list, lol )
I could sit for that

David

Awesome job Charles!
I’d be all over the chicken/pasta, but you’d have to leave the beets off my plate. :emoji_sunglasses:
Al

Looks delicious! Don't think I've had beets since I was a kid so I guess I'd at least try them...I never used to like broccoli or cauliflower but do now.

Bookmarked Charles, Thanks. Like SmokinAl SmokinAl I would devour everything but the beets...lol
I get it about the beets. Growing up we had canned beets and I hated them and now I can get them fresh and really like them. They're something you either like or don't, but my wife says your taste buds change about every 7 years so maybe try them again if you can find them fresh. When we first got married, she absolutely would not touch a raw or steamed oyster. Now she loves them as much as I do, so there is some proof that taste buds can change even though I think it's all mental...:emoji_wink:

Great looking meal.

We got a package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs by accident doing grocery pickup. I couldn't decide what to do with them so I banished them to the deep freeze. Now I have a plan on what to do with them. Thanks for sharing!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky