Boneless, Skinless, Naked Thighs (Oh My!!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good Looking Chicken, and plate Nice job my Friend

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Those look great Bear, I'd love to be sitting down to those thighs,Like. I debone and remove the skin for fried thighs often, always when making chicken sausage. When I buy the thighs for 99¢lb it works out to cost around $1.75 a pound by the time I'm done with the knife, I'd say you got a pretty darned good price! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
And Thanks for that calculation!!
And For the Like Too!!

Bear

You said it right my friend "OH MY" everything looks great. just wondering where the pickled eggs are though :emoji_wink:

Thank You Jim!!
I usually only make Pickled Eggs after we finish a Jar of Pickled Red Beets. Then I reuse the juice for maybe 2 batches that will fit inside that particular Jar.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great Bear. Any tricks on how to actually get the chicken "crispy"?
I have not been able to even with a coating. It is still delicious and juice regardless.

Thank You Rider!!
All I do is Spray them with Olive Oil & Seasonings. Then I take them to over 170°---Sometimes 180° or 190°. They have never dried out, but I read about 180° & 190° being a good thing with Chicken, so I tried it & we like it.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

But no matter where you cook them ... grill, smoker, airfryer, oven ... thighs are always my go-to chicken. See them for 1.99 here about once a month and scarf up a batch. Last batch was bacon-wrapped, next might be inspired by you to go naked :emoji_fearful:

Yup---Definitely like Thighs Best!! Mrs Bear prefers Drums.
A couple weeks ago I did a test, with 4 Breaded Thighs & 4 Naked Thighs, like above.
Then we discussed the results----Mrs Bear agreed with me that they were both about equal in flavor, but the Naked ones were definitely healthier than the Breaded, especially from the Air Fryer, so I'll be doing them like this until further notice.

Bear

Naked ones were definitely healthier than the Breaded, especially from the Air Fryer, so I'll be doing them like this until further notice.

Bear
Its only a matter of time before some scientist tells us we were wrong all along, and bacon is HEALTHY ... I anxiously await that day!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky