Boneless pork roast turned into ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
Not even sure what cut it was but it was the cheapest in the bin so I bought it. LOL

Cured for 16 days in a maple sugar wet brine. Soaked after for 3 hours in cold water to remove most of the salt taste.
Smoked most of the day at different temps to get a internal temp of 145 F.

20221023_082502.jpg

20221023_094503.jpg
20221023_181832.jpg
20221023_194155.jpg

Reactions: tbern
That's looking pretty good... I see a bunch of ham and cheese sammies (my favorite)... I'd have to get my slicer out for that bad boy...

Did you inject as well or just soak in the brine ??

What's the verdict on the finished product ??

That's looking pretty good... I see a bunch of ham and cheese sammies (my favorite)... I'd have to get my slicer out for that bad boy...

Did you inject as well or just soak in the brine ??

What's the verdict on the finished product ??
This was just soaked in the brine. The brine was made up with maple bacon brine I bought years ago. Bought a whole big box of the stuff. Found out later it was meant for large producers lol
Well curing salt never go bad and the maple favor is a bonus.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky