Boneless Leg O' Lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Solar,

Awesome! I've never smoked lamb but have roasted bone-in legs with a Big Easy and they came out great. The idea of smoking a boneless leg, stuffed with garlic, sounds perfect and I like the sound of your rub.

Now I need to smoke some lamb!

Thanks,

Scott

Hi solar - I just picked up a boneless leg at Costco and had a few questions, hope you can remember some details??  It's my first lamb smoke.  I saw you used hickory, I was thinking based on some reading of using oak.  Have you done more legs after this one?

What temp did you smoke at?  What was your leg weight pre-smoke and about how long did take to get up to temp?  And did you rest it at all post-smoke?

Any help you can provide is appreciated!

Tom

I have done several legs of lamb. Oak will be fine. Usually between 225 - 250. They are usually in the 5 - 7lbs range. As for time, it takes as long as it takes. :biggrin: Yes, I do let it rest for a bit.

I have done several legs of lamb. Oak will be fine. Usually between 225 - 250. They are usually in the 5 - 7lbs range. As for time, it takes as long as it takes.
biggrin.gif
Yes, I do let it rest for a bit.
Thanks.  I ask about the time because I'm trying to time a smoke for having friends over for dinner.  I've got a 5-pounder boneless so was trying to figure how much time I'd need, including a flexible resting time.

I have done several legs of lamb. Oak will be fine. Usually between 225 - 250. They are usually in the 5 - 7lbs range. As for time, it takes as long as it takes. :biggrin: Yes, I do let it rest for a bit.

Thanks.  I ask about the time because I'm trying to time a smoke for having friends over for dinner.  I've got a 5-pounder boneless so was trying to figure how much time I'd need, including a flexible resting time.

I would give yourself 6 - 7 hours to be safe.

HOLY WOW!!! Just logging onto this, so humor me, (still relatively new and finding my way around), but that lamb looked sensational! I too am a devout garlic muncher - both raw and stuffed into various treasures to grill or smoke - and, well, happy anniversary, and thank you for sharing this! Absolutely beautiful! Cheers! - Leah

Having grown up with both sheep and an apple orchard, in my opinion applewood and lamb go together like peanut butter and jelly. My son is not a fan of lamb, but the first time grilled with apple he couldn't tell right off what it was. Good stuff.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky