BIG Cheese Saturday!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

creek bottom

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 13, 2019
Northwestern PA
Spent a good part of the day smoking cheese on Saturday. Started about 7:30 AM and finished around 8:30 PM... Roughly 75 pounds total.
From top to bottom left to right -- 6 lbs. Domestic Blue, 6 lbs. Imported Danish Blue, 2 lbs. Garlic cheese, 18 lbs. Gouda, 11 lbs. NY Sharp, 15 lbs. Ghost Pepper Cheddar, 10 lbs. Jalapeno Pepper Jack, 6 lbs. Swiss...
table.jpg

This is my set-up. MES 30 with a cold smoker add on. I added the 2' of pipe to eliminate any heat. I know a lot of you guys use the pellet things or the mailbox, but this has worked well for me and if it ain't broke don't fix it (hahaha)...

set-up.jpg

Round one (Sharp, Swiss, & Garlic) in the smoker and then done (I already had the Garlic and one of the Swiss bagged when I remembered to take a pic)...

rd 1.jpg

rd 1x.jpg

Round two (Blue and some of the Gouda)...

rd 2.jpg

rd 2x.jpg

Round three finished (rest of the Gouda and the Jalapeno Jack)...

rd 3.jpg

I totally forgot to get pics of round 4, the Ghost Pepper Cheddar!!! It was 8:30, I was tired plus I'd had a couple of adult beverages and I had it all bagged before I realized that I forgot. Oh well, next time.... It was a busy day and I've got a bunch of happy friends... Thanks for looking!

Wow is all I have to say! Most cheese I have ever seen smoked on here for sure. Marathon cheese smoke and some cold beers sounds like a good time! Bet that ghost pepper cheddar is outstanding! Nice work!

Wow, That's really a Load of Cheese you got there, Joe!!
And I see a bunch of Great Color!
Nice Job!
Like.
Better take a break now!!
I'm wore out just looking at all the work you did!!

Bear

Reactions: Woodzman
WOW!! Nice haul, that some serious dedication to smoke 75lbs all at once!! I think my vacuum sealer would melt trying to do that all at once.

That bleu cheese looks amazing!

Oh and nothing wrong with your method and any others. As long as it works and you’re happy with it, is all that matters.

Wow is all I have to say! Most cheese I have ever seen smoked on here for sure. Marathon cheese smoke and some cold beers sounds like a good time! Bet that ghost pepper cheddar is outstanding! Nice work!
Thanks! This is a lot of cheese for sure. And it may be only the first go around. When others find out I did it, I usually start getting asked to do more. Last year between Thanksgiving an Christmas, I did 185 pounds total! And, YES, the Ghost Pepper is phenomenal!

WOW!! Nice haul, that some serious dedication to smoke 75lbs all at once!! I think my vacuum sealer would melt trying to do that all at once.

That bleu cheese looks amazing!

Oh and nothing wrong with your method and any others. As long as it works and you’re happy with it, is all that matters.
Thanks xray! It's an all day event for sure. I usually have some friends stop over and a couple of beers so that makes it a good day. The blue cheese is one of my favorites for sure. It's awesome.

That sure is one heck of a cheese smoke, and it looks like you nailed it.

Point for sure

Chris

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Keep in mind, this wasn't all for me. In fact, I only keep a pound of a few of the flavors. The majority of it goes to friends. After I started doing it and people would try what I had done, they started asking if I would do some for them. It's better than any of the store bought stuff around here. So now it's kind of like a cult following, getting bigger every year LOL... Thanks again for looking...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky