Big, Big, Turkey Questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
tell em Deb.........like my dad would say.......take me for what i mean........NOT what i say.........always seemed to werk for him.........LOLOL

Wd

I'm guessing you guys know me to well even when my tongue gets tangled you understand me!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

While I've never smoked a 31 pounder, I thought the danger zone was lessened by leaving the bird unstuffed so that the cooking process could permeate the cavity and the outside simultaneously and eliminate any worries.

Anyway, when you get that bird done be sure and get yourself some good salty club crackers..........slather on some cream cheese...........put some cut up turkey on top and then the kicker.............drizzle that Frank's Hot Sauce on top.

These tidbits are sooooooooo addicting I have to smoke a holiday turkey just for the snacks before and after dinner. Don't forget to freeze some to puree at Christmas for the cream cheese smoked Turkey ball rolled in nuts............delicious

OKay Shelly ... tell us more about this please?

"Don't forget to freeze some to puree at Christmas for the cream cheese smoked Turkey ball rolled in nuts............delicious"

How is it done? Sounds great!

Off on a tangent here.....

But,

Do you cook your turkey breast up or breast down?

A few years back I heard that breast side down helped to keep the breast meat moister. Seems to work for me, but it ain't as pretty as sunny side up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky