better way to make Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jersey Jimbo

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 26, 2020
At the Shore
I will be smokin some jerky. I have read you can lay it on the racks or suspend them with toothpicks, Is there any difference with the outcome. and I think you can fit more in the smoker hanging them. Will be doing this in a CC smoker thanks for any and all input.

i like hanging , my wife put the toothpicks in i have the rack between prep table and counter and i hang em. can get many times more per rack. but i do wanna dehydrator and just put the amazing tube behind fan.. in my shop of course

Whatever works!

P3310289-01.jpg

I use stainless BBQ skewers in my Smokin-It . I think I get quicker dehydration and more even results, don't have to rotate racks. I can get 7-8# on one rack without crowding.

Attachments

• Jerky Hanging.jpg
    Jerky Hanging.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: herd90
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky