Best thing to clean up sticky mouse trap goo?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Had one of those sticky mouse traps on top of the freezer I am converting to a salumi maturing chamber. It must have flipped on it's side when I loaded it into the back of the truck. Anyways, the sticky goo is now on the metal on the roof. What is the best solvent to use to clean it? Anyone know before I do some trial and error?

If your in a pinch coat it with creamy peanut butter. Let it sit a spell and then wipe it off with a clean rag or old tooth brush.

Chris

I would ask my wife but don't want to get her started on me again, grand daughter is 15 but when she was about 3 we had a blue tailed lizard get in the house. I tried to catch him without hurting him with no luck, Slid 2 of the sticky pads under the bed in their bedroom,I was outside when I hard her screech my name , granddaughter had 1 stuck on each hand , glad she don't cuss lol , she thought they had poison on them and was ready to rush to the hospital . She still hates them :emoji_laughing:

I have had to result to that as much as I hated to for what I thought was Rat in ceiling. Found it on the other side of house with red hair. Looks like squirrels.

Had one of those sticky mouse traps on top of the freezer I am converting to a salumi maturing chamber. It must have flipped on it's side when I loaded it into the back of the truck. Anyways, the sticky goo is now on the metal on the roof. What is the best solvent to use to clean it? Anyone know before I do some trial and error?
GOOF OFF

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky