Best Pellet Grill Under $3k

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Currenty have a Traeger Texas Pro that is a few years old, it is getting tired, and I am looking to upgrade. I have looked at Zgrill and CampChef, and I am wondering what the absolute best pellet grill under $3000 is out there. I would definitely like Wifi ability.
Save a few bucks and get this, I don't have one, but my buddy does, and it's badass.
1618994068120.png

1618994068120.png
1618994168272.png
1618994168272.png

Check them out at least.

For that type of money I'd be looking at custom made gravity fed smoker?

Reactions: kstone113
I have zero zero zero regrets on getting the RecTeq Bull with a bunch of accessories.

If I had that budget(I was close but wanted lower), I would look at RecTeq, Yoder, Mak and Pitts and Smith. I always hear great things about Mak and Pitts and Smith and they seem to be like the best of the best materials wise and production wise.

Yoder is more than RecTeq and I just couldn't wrap my head around the grill rusting which will happen. If I did have a covered area though, I might of considered Yoder more.

I personally think RecTeq is just the best bang for your buck that not only will last, they guarantee it on the Bull for 6 years bumper to bumper. I've already had a few interactions with their support and they are the best support I've ever dealt with in ANY industry.

I did want to mention the alerting issue with the app mentioned above. I too have had issues with the app alerting. I can't exactly remember but they did re-vamp the app and the alerting has been a ton better. I can't say it works all the time b/c I have had issues but I believe it has worked everytime since they re-vamped it. But I do believe the poster above about just this past Easter. Maybe other pellet grill companies have done better? I don't know b/c no experience but before I had my pellet, I had an aftermarket maverick RF thermometer for alerting and I haven't used once since I got my RecTeq over 2 years ago. A few times I got lucky I was up already and sometime I've just been watching and didn't work. But I have had it wake me up before also. Can I count on it, I won't say 100% but like I said, I haven't been so concerned that I used my old maverick which still works. So that says something. If you have no backup from a previous smoker, then maybe this tilts the scale to another company that has done a better job with the alerting working.

I would research these 4 companies but remember, a pellet grill is a pellet grill and they all give the same lighter smoker flavor than any other smoker using real wood/charcoal. Part of that is the pellets but also part of it is the fan that keeps the smoke moving. So any company that pretends to give more smoke flavor than the other is lying in my opinion.

Good luck with your research!
Not if they have the ability to slow down the fan with keep the smoke in the chamber longer.
When the controller goes out on my Camp Chef I'm going to fart around with adding a fan speed controller to the grill.

Not if they have the ability to slow down the fan with keep the smoke in the chamber longer.
When the controller goes out on my Camp Chef I'm going to fart around with adding a fan speed controller to the grill.
I am not sure about the fan speed. I believe it is only one speed however on low or even sometimes at like 225 in direct sun light, the fan will go off/on/off/on with a few second pauses. I almost always start my smokes on low for 30 minutes to an hour which does allow the smoke to stay in there longer.

I am not sure if other pellet grills do that but when I first joined the RecTeq groups on fb, EVERYDAY a new user would ask if that is normal....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky