Best method to warm a brisket up?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

iawoodman

Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
central iowa
Due to bad weather moving in wednesday and thursday, since my smoker sits outside, I moved my smoke up and just pulled my brisket off early this morning. It won't be served until thursday night. I have it wrapped and in a cooler but expect to move it to the fridge here sometime this morning. What is the best way to warm this up to serve? I am leaving it whole until thursday. Is it best to warm it up whole then slice? Or slice it then warm it up? Do you add beef broth in the pan for moisture? or rely on the moisture in the brisket? Up til now, I have always been able to serve my brisket hot out of the cooler. Appreciate your comments. Thanks

Reactions: JLeonard
I assume everyone has their preferred method. Mine being that I vacuum seal...either freeze or refrigerate and when it's time I Sous Vide (hope I spelled that right). This method for me works the best to maintain the product I started with.

Simmering water can be used instead of an SV unit. That is if your meat is vacuum sealed.

Reactions: PPG1
Could put in baking dish with some beef broth, cover with tinfoil and heat it in oven set around 250.

Due to bad weather moving in wednesday and thursday, since my smoker sits outside, I moved my smoke up and just pulled my brisket off early this morning. It won't be served until thursday night. I have it wrapped and in a cooler but expect to move it to the fridge here sometime this morning. What is the best way to warm this up to serve? I am leaving it whole until thursday. Is it best to warm it up whole then slice? Or slice it then warm it up? Do you add beef broth in the pan for moisture? or rely on the moisture in the brisket? Up til now, I have always been able to serve my brisket hot out of the cooler. Appreciate your comments. Thanks
Hi there and welcome!

In short you can use the oven with the meat well wrapped in foil sitting in a pan. It's not a complex thing at all so simplicity may win the day for you :)

My mother does this approach nonstop for holiday meals. She smokes a day or 2 before, refrigerates, then on meal day she slices and heats up in a combo of a chaffing dish or the oven.

So armed with this knowledge, you can slice while it's cold and put back in foil. Benefit of slicing while cold is that it holds together really well and you can get really thin slices if you need without worrying about it tearing up.

With it all well wrapped (no leaks) in foil (2 layers doesn't hurt) you can put in a pan and into an oven at like 325F until the meat hits about 165F.

I'm not one to really add beef broth or anything liquid since all the solid white beef fat will melt and keep the meat from being dry.

Pretty simple approach that works without issues and should work for you.

Let us know what you do and how it comes out :)

Reactions: Coreymacc
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky