Beginner Looking for advice on Propane Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok. I have been doing a little more research and have also been looking at the GOSM brand and the Smoke Hollow brand. Any thoughts on them compared to the masterbuilt? or is there another brand that you guys/girls would recommend over it?

Hello ryand and welcome to the forum, I too am in the same predicament as you when it comes to picking out a smoker. I have looked at tons and tons of them but at least with me I always come back to the GOSM brand. I also really liked the smoke hollow 44 inch with the glass door but the price was a little more than I was looking to spend and not sure how good the glass door would be on it as it will just get dirty quick. I wish you luck with whatever smoker you decide to go with and look forward to seeing some nice Q views from you. I have decided on the GOSM 

. I will be purchasing this at the beginning of next month and hope to be able to give the forum some nice Q views. Once again good luck in making your decision and there are many people who I am sure that will be more than willing to help you no matter what smoker you decide to go with. Have a great week!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone, Just wanted to thank you guys/girls for the advice. After a lot of research, I have decided on the Masterbuilt XL for my BBQ needs. I am stoked for lots of future BBQ goodness and I will hopefully be sharing my experiences soon. :yahoo:

Congrats on making your decision and look forward to some quality Q views from you in the future, I think you will be very happy with your selection. Have a great week!

Hey Everyone, Just wanted to thank you guys/girls for the advice. After a lot of research, I have decided on the Masterbuilt XL for my BBQ needs. I am stoked for lots of future BBQ goodness and I will hopefully be sharing my experiences soon.
yahoo.gif
alright. youre gunna love the XL...its capabilities are unbelievable... def looking forward to some view. have fun with it.

I just bought a smoke hollow 44" and was concerned with the glass door too, but it seeems to work very well so far. On a 12 hour smoke I cleaned the glass twice though. I only did it when I already had the door open for foiling and such. Not a big deal and totally optional. Only but its nice because you can use traditional thermometers and keep an eye on things without letting all the heat out. The only real downside is sitting there staring at the meat while it cooks makes you really hungry!

Last edited:
I purchased a 8 inch cast iron skillet to hold the wood chunks to sit over the original chip pan after reading what some people did on here...do you think that will work? is that big enough?

Well based on posts by previous members I think the 8 inch cast iron skillet will work for you great and look forward to seeing your onion on it after you have given it a try. I am actually considering getting the master built XL myself since many on here own one and I found it a quite bit cheaper than the landmann I was gonna buy. I still have a few more days to decide but look forward to hearing more about your smokes with the XL. Have a great weekend!

Well based on posts by previous members I think the 8 inch cast iron skillet will work for you great and look forward to seeing your onion on it after you have given it a try. I am actually considering getting the master built XL myself since many on here own one and I found it a quite bit cheaper than the landmann I was gonna buy. I still have a few more days to decide but look forward to hearing more about your smokes with the XL. Have a great weekend!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky