Beer Fridge Dry Aged Ribeye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
I picked up a Prime grade boneless prime rib roast and cut some steaks for the freezer.
pOnqADN.jpg
7vO3qOD.jpg
I was left with a 2.5" thick steak, that I dry aged in my beer fridge for 55 or 60 hours, then gave it a light injection and studded it with garlic.
linZZQC.jpg

0vZqRxO.jpg
I also soaked some garlic cloves in oil and roasted them while the pit came up to temp.
74JD7Gz.jpg
PgsdEys.jpg
I served it from the cutting board and used olive oil, rosemary, thyme and the garlic for the board dressing.
xfbMGT1.jpg

That looks awesome! Cooked perfectly. Did the dry aging for 55-60 hours add much tenderness and or flavor? I forgot about your mention a few months ago about the cutting board method of serving for added flavor. Thanks for reviving it, I gotta try that, sounds like it's a can't miss. Great job.

That looks awesome! Cooked perfectly. Did the dry aging for 55-60 hours add much tenderness and or flavor? I forgot about your mention a few months ago about the cutting board method of serving for added flavor. Thanks for reviving it, I gotta try that, sounds like it's a can't miss. Great job.
It's hard to say if it made the aged one more tender, we did have one of the other steaks and it was very tender.

Well bud that is a beautiful steak. Awesome cook! What was the injection?
I mixed about 4 ounces, but only used 3, and some of that leaked out. It was a combination of Kosmo's Reserve Beef and Big Poppa Cattle Prod into bottled water. I used way less than the recommended competition amount.... maybe 5 or 6 grams of each. I injected from the side only.

Dry aging in the beer fridge doesn't work very well for me. The door gets opened too often. :emoji_laughing:

Seriously, an epic cook there thirdeye!!!

Reactions: thirdeye
That's a nice looking piece of meat both before and after cooked.

Rob
I got this at Sam's Club and they did a really nice job with the trimming and shaping. I did take most of the edge fat off the steak I cooked but did very little to the steaks I cut.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky