Been Wanting To Do Some!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DustyJoe84

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 15, 2018
Kansas City
Been wanting to do a batch of ABT's. Decided to give them a go on a whim. One batch was cream cheese, cheddar and sausage. The other batch of filling my wife made up and included cream cheese, cheddar, banana pepper, spinach and Valentina hot sauce. They were delicious! The possibilities are endless for additions to the cream cheese. Bacon was firm, but not quite crispy. Cooked at 225-250 with cherry chunks. I had two different pork rubs with just a little left in the bottle so I combined them and dusted with that. I loved the sweet, smoky flavor the cherry wood gave to the turds. Next time I think I'll crank the heat to finish them off and to crisp up the bacon a little more. I'm looking forward to doing these again!

Attachments

• 20190516_182617.jpg
    20190516_182617.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20190516_204321.jpg
    20190516_204321.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 63
Precook the bacon in the oven.. about 1/2 -3/4 cooked... It will shrink and make it easier to wrap and get crisp...
I use a wire rack on a sheet pan...
BAKED BACON.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky