Beefy Smoked Clod

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ishi

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 30, 2018
This is my first time smoking a beef clod. The clod weighed in at 15 lbs and everyone in the family was looking forward to the Father’s Day cook.
I started it at 3:30 am with the pellet grill set at 240 and the cook took 14 hours.
The corn was smoked the day before and the cheesy mixture was made a few hours before meal time and went back on the smoker for a couple hours.
The was a good switch from a brisket and anxious to do another beef clod.
89EFD48A-C1CC-4F33-997F-F7BCCED5C011.jpeg

F0580260-ABE0-4B41-9E74-1C949B809E24.jpeg

B422E7F6-4DFA-43D4-AB4A-E756A2E1FA96.jpeg

The Mrs made cheesy hash browns
27037F01-C201-41B3-B5C9-8233E2430558.jpeg

In Iowa ham balls made from ham loaf are always a hit
07C8A8A9-B76A-4AB6-8240-888B94522816.jpeg

1F318309-2516-4125-9D89-10C2900FFA0A.jpeg

My son-in-laws loaded up clod sandwich on grilled Texas Toast
B06DE6C8-F973-4851-82C8-0060B7A05229.jpeg

Partial views of my plated food.
A42C6D86-A126-4781-9A5B-F44BBBAB25E8.jpeg

71340A7D-9034-4244-AE5E-6A5A0A2508EB.jpeg

Oh lord that some kind of good looking chow. Back in the day here in North Texas Beef Clod was the meat of choice. There was a place called The Rib thay served the best ribs and beef clod. Your meal brought back some good memories!

Reactions: Ishi and PPG1
Holey cow !! That's fantastic . You nailed all that bud .
Just fantastic .

Reactions: Ishi
every thing looks great, but ya need to explain what a ham ball is.
Ham loaf is made from ground pork and seasonings to resemble ham taste. I have no idea what the seasoning are. It can either be made like meatloaf or as my wife makes ham balls out of the ham loaf.
We have a local church cook book that has the recipe. In the near future I’ll have my wife make up a batch and post the recipe and her process and the most definitely it can be cooked in the smoker as I’ve done them before.

Keep a close eye on the pork section for the thread. They are amazing comfort food during the winter.
Now for the bad news many regions don’t carry ham loaf! My son grew up on this stuff and he moved to upstate NY and requested it and the markets out there never heard of the stuff. When he visited he would load up on it and haul it back to NY.

Reactions: zwiller
Thanks Ishi, I can make a ham and grind it so we got that going for us. I'll be looking forward to what you post.

This is my first time smoking a beef clod. The clod weighed in at 15 lbs and everyone in the family was looking forward to the Father’s Day cook.
I started it at 3:30 am with the pellet grill set at 240 and the cook took 14 hours.
The corn was smoked the day before and the cheesy mixture was made a few hours before meal time and went back on the smoker for a couple hours.
The was a good switch from a brisket and anxious to do another beef clod.
View attachment 500703
View attachment 500704

View attachment 500705
The Mrs made cheesy hash browns
View attachment 500706
In Iowa ham balls made from ham loaf are always a hit
View attachment 500707

View attachment 500708
My son-in-laws loaded up clod sandwich on grilled Texas Toast
View attachment 500709
Partial views of my plated food.
View attachment 500710

View attachment 500711
Clod is by far my favorite beef to eat smoked, way more flavorful than most brisket too me.
And your looks KILLER!!!!! 👍👍👍

Wow nice cook ishi. Everything looks great.

Point for sure
Chris

OMG. Looks killer! I want to try clod and none here. That's it! I am ordering one!

Thanks everyone for the compliments! This was fun cook and meal with the family
Looks delicious
Everything looks phenomenal!
Durn Buddy...that is one heck of a spread! Looks mighty tasty!
Jim
Looks great! Looks like you had a great meal!

Ryan
Oh lord that some kind of good looking chow. Back in the day here in North Texas Beef Clod was the meat of choice. There was a place called The Rib thay served the best ribs and beef clod. Your meal brought back some good memories!
Holey cow !! That's fantastic . You nailed all that bud .
Just fantastic .
every thing looks great, but ya need to explain what a ham ball is.
Everything Looks great - hanging out to hear about these ham balls
Good looking beef clod. I love clod, especially when I can get it for half the price of brisket!
Amazing bark! Big like!
Clod is by far my favorite beef to eat smoked, way more flavorful than most brisket too me.
And your looks KILLER!!!!! 👍👍👍
Wow nice cook ishi. Everything looks great.

Point for sure
Chris
Wow!!
Boy are You guys Eating Good!!
Now I'm Very Jealous!!
Like.

Bear
OMG. Looks killer! I want to try clod and none here. That's it! I am ordering one!
View attachment 500817

Man that looks tasty! I need to see if I can get my hands on a clod. Nice smoke and Happy Father's Day!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky