Beef Short rib questions. Cooking tomorrow.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
IMG_5189.JPG
rack two...

Reactions: chilerelleno
thanks for all the support and assistance! could not have gone this smooth without out you guys!

Great job! That is what beef ribs are supposed to look like!

What wood pellets did you run? Did you run a tube for extra smoke?

I think you learned a lesson about beef ribs... you can never have enough hahaha. 2 racks seems like a lot then you sit down and eat dinner with someone and out of the 2 racks you have like 3 ribs left and are like "DAMN, I need more for leftovers!!!" hahahah.

I think the minimum sensible amount of beef ribs to smoke is like 4 racks (16 bones) it is just too bad they are soooo expensive!!!!

I used an oak hickory blend. No extra tube.

And you said it right I thought 2 racks looked like mass amount and we nearly finished one and my wife is a tiny little thing who normally eats like a mosquito. She almost admitted she liked the ribs better than brisket. I think I do.

Great job! That is what beef ribs are supposed to look like!

What wood pellets did you run? Did you run a tube for extra smoke?

I think you learned a lesson about beef ribs... you can never have enough hahaha. 2 racks seems like a lot then you sit down and eat dinner with someone and out of the 2 racks you have like 3 ribs left and are like "DAMN, I need more for leftovers!!!" hahahah.

I think the minimum sensible amount of beef ribs to smoke is like 4 racks (16 bones) it is just too bad they are soooo expensive!!!!

Yep that is the way it goes with beef ribs.
I believe she likes it more than brisket. Many do, including myself but even in TX where beef is king, beef ribs are still more of a delicacy. I think your wife likes the greater complexity and richness that are beef ribs. Same with me :)

I used an oak hickory blend. No extra tube.

And you said it right I thought 2 racks looked like mass amount and we nearly finished one and my wife is a tiny little thing who normally eats like a mosquito. She almost admitted she liked the ribs better than brisket. I think I do.

Absolutely!!
Brisket is Awesome, but Beef Ribs are closer to Prime Rib than Brisket. Most people prefer Beef Ribs over Brisket.
However I would prefer some of each on my plate.:emoji_blush:

Bear

Reactions: sandyut
Nice job man! Looks great. Where are you able to find these? I've called all the grocery stores and local butcher shops around but no one cares them

Nice job man! Looks great. Where are you able to find these? I've called all the grocery stores and local butcher shops around but no one cares them
Costco in SLC had piles of them. my butch has them but he charges a lot more. this pair was Choice and $3.29/lb and came in at 9lbs.

Where you located. your location isnt displaying.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky