Beef rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meat~smoker in n.j.

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
south river,
Hi everyone,
Don`t know if I`m posting in the right place ??? my question is i need a good beef rub gonna do a cpl of beef ribs in the oven !! yea i know i should be smoking them !! I can`t fight the cold though it` would take forever to get temp`s up and hold there.... i don`t have a insulated smoker,,, :-( we know how metal holds the cold and when it`s 15* out side & only gonna be mid 20`s brrrrrrrr!!! not much to do .....when the wind kick`s up forget about it ???? ok thanks , charlie

Beef Ribs??

some fine ground Sea salt
a little less cracked pepper
a pinch of ceyenne

Thats all you need.

hey Im in Jersey and my smoker is kickin right now..... cold never killed anyone!

Yea, thats the spirit WaWaTusi. Mid 20's is a good smoking day this time of year. Cold weather should never stand in the way of good Q. :p

TulsaJeff's rib rub is always a favorite around here for ribs.

I posted this before, but I'll do it here because it's just easier then saying go here or there ;)

8 Tbs brown sugar
3 Tbs kosher salt
1 Tbs chili powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp jalapeno powder (and you will most likely have to make this)
1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
1/2 tsp rubbed thyme
1/2 tsp onion powder

for the jalapeno powder....slice jalapeno's in half, deseed and then place on a dehydrator at 140 until dry, then pulverise in a coffee grinder (or old time use motor and pedestal...mask required) into a powder. and yes, dehydrate....if you do it in the smoker it is chipotle not plain jalapeno and does have a big difference!!! Keep in mind to wash your hands well after dealing with the jalapenos otherwise you don't want to scratch an eye, pick your nose or god forbid hold something when you go pee unless you really enjoy fire hot pain!!! :oops: :evil:

Hi Smoked,
thanks for the recipie , it looks great except for the jalepino not to fond of that hot stuff ...well the hot stuff ain`t fond of me ....yikes !!! I will give it a whirl .....thanks again charlie

Heya, Charlie!

I have to echo Chad's recommendation of Jeff's Naked Rib Rub. Great on everything. Really perked up some beef ribs I did late last fall before I had to fold up for winter. A real winner!

Cheers!

believe it or not, it does not get "hot" just adds a small tang that is wonderful on the ribs!!!!! but you can always substitute something else as well...... :D

meat~smoker in n.j.-

What do you mean to cold to smoke? Our Canadian friends were smoking at -15! Build a little wind block you'll be okay!

Smoked -

goto:

http://www.conyeagerspice.com/conyea...aultstore.html

They sell crushed Jalapeno pepper in 3 different sizes. Also the cheapest Juniper berries o the net!

:D

ec0d2b47_vbattach11654.jpg

awww sweetheart, I love you but it's just so easy to make my own jalapeno powder!!!! plus....it's kind fun and a hell of alot cheaper also....that place is pricey :) however not everyone is like me.........

Weather? There is nothing cooler than standing out in the middle of a snowstorm smoking away.

I think I am going to do a first snow of winter smoke tommorrow during the coming ice storm....

50mph winds got Nothing om my BGE....

Yeah I hear ya - not easy to get jalapenos around here in the winter. Just don't throw them in a blender with the top off! The whole house will start sneezing!

PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky