Beef ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Had a craving for beef ribs ( very seldom find around here) ,but tried some center cut ribs found on sale.
20210116_192835.jpg

Not much meat at all on these,but coated with Jeff's Texas Rub and fridge for 3 hrs.
20210116_193154.jpg

Set the RT 590 @ 240 with Ultimate Blend RT pellets with a tray 2/3 full of LJ cherry dust.
Let it roll for 7 hrs to 202°, probed nicely. Threw a couple smoked spuds for 3 hrs , olive oil and SPOG.
20210117_170939.jpg

Plated with Iceberg salad. Tasted good but just no meat.
20210117_171323.jpg

Looks good. Cant get good beef ribs here either.

Those look great bud. Beef backs are my favorite beef ribs. I'm pretty fortunate as I can find some meaty ones local. tx smoker tx smoker sent me a couple huge racks of extra meaty cpb back ribs for Christmas I'm gonna smoke soon
IMG_20201209_111545.jpg

Reactions: jcam222
Those look great bud. Beef backs are my favorite beef ribs. I'm pretty fortunate as I can find some meaty ones local. tx smoker tx smoker sent me a couple huge racks of extra meaty cpb back ribs for Christmas I'm gonna smoke soonView attachment 480778
I’ve got 4 racks of those still in the freezer. They ran a great deal on them last year. Think I got 6 racks for $100 shipped or something like that. Very meaty and tasty.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Looks good. Cant get good beef ribs here either.
Thanks Adam, love good beef ribs too.
Nice smoke ring. Looks great !
Thank you , appreciate that.
Those look great bud. Beef backs are my favorite beef ribs. I'm pretty fortunate as I can find some meaty ones local. tx smoker tx smoker sent me a couple huge racks of extra meaty cpb back ribs for Christmas I'm gonna smoke soonView attachment 480778
Thanks Jake. Use to get good meaty ones before the 1 grocery store moved out. Meat processing place about 35 miles away. Will make the trip next time around.
Those look tasty!! I love smoked beef ribs of all kinds.
Thank you and I appreciate the like.

WR, Good looking smoke ! I'm like you when it comes to a meaty beef rib, so hard to find. I am jealous of those folks who actually find meaty beef ribs .

Yup---Light on the Meat, but what you have there looks Mighty Tasty, Rider!!!
I always get a kick out of how hard these guys must work to remove all the meat from between the bones on Beef Ribs, before they package them for sale!
There ought to be a law against that !!!
I found the only way to really get meat on your Ribs is to buy the Whole Prime Rib, and cut your own, Like I do below:
Smoked Beef Prime Rib Dinos (With Extra Meat)

Here's a Peek:
IMG_0034.jpg

Reactions: 912smoker
WR, Good looking smoke ! I'm like you when it comes to a meaty beef rib, so hard to find. I am jealous of those folks who actually find meaty beef ribs .
Thank you, and also for the like.
I'm with you on the jealousy part.:emoji_relaxed:
I found the only way to really get meat on your Ribs is to buy the Whole Prime Rib, and cut your own
Thanks Bear and for the like. That is the kind of rib I could really enjoy :emoji_wink:

WV_Crusader WV_Crusader , Johnny Ray Johnny Ray , yankee2bbq yankee2bbq , kruizer kruizer
Thank you guys for the likes, greatly appreciated !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky