Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If they're meaty ribs then I cook them similar to brisket. Cook them till the stale, wrap in foil with A1, worcester, beef broth, or french onion soup until 190*ish then finish unfoiled until probe tender.

Chris

I don't get fancy with rub's. We like the old staple of SPOG. I'm just getting into injecting so I can't answer that one.

Chris

I like to use a steak seasoning for beef ribs (back or short). so use what you like on steak. Salt pepper onion garlic works well or i like something like a Montreal or Chicago seasoning. i usually put them in the hottest part of my smoker run around 275-300 at that part of the smoker and smoke them unwrapped for about 3.5-4 hours at those temps. i don't cook to temp i cook till they look and feel done. about 190 degree IT someone mentioned is a good temp for them. if its back ribs or a short plate make sure to temp between the bones. if you want to braise the above mentioned liquid recipe would work well and add a nice rich beefy flavor. (just not something i do)
here are some pics of beef ribs (back) i have done in the past...

here is what i mean about Chicago steak seasoning...

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

IMG-20180420-WA0014.jpeg
IMG-20180420-WA0011.jpeg

Hey Randy. Prepped ribs look good, shame about the choice of beer though! how did they turn out? Did you separate them before cooking? Doing my first beef ribs today, just broken through the stall at 160F

Hey Randy. Prepped ribs look good, shame about the choice of beer though! how did they turn out? Did you separate them before cooking? Doing my first beef ribs today, just broken through the stall at 160F
They turned out well. I could of cooked longer but ran out of time. Tried to cook to similar temp as brisket. I didn't separate them. I definitely will make them again

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky